In honor of”Mardi Gras”, I decided to celebrate by having a few friends over for dinner.
Since I was preparing a pretty large meal, I wanted to keep dessert on the easy side. In my “Birthday Party on a Budget” Post, I talked about how much I love making Cake Pops. They are fun and easy to create, just the recipe I needed for dinner.
I decided to use a box cake mix and frosting since I was wanting to spend as little time as possible on the dessert.
Add a little green food food coloring to the white chocolate, sprinkle with gold sugar sprinkles and voila…..We have Mardi Gras Cake Pops!
Hope you enjoyed your Fat Tuesday and these fun and festive Cake Pops!!
What you need:
1 Box Cake Mix
1 Container of Frosting (13-15 ounce)
1 Package of White Chocolate Bark
Gold Sugar Crystal Sprinkles
Green Food Coloring
What you do:
1) Bake your cake according to directions.
2) Let cake cool completely.
3) After cooled, tear cake up into pieces and place in large bowl.
4) Mix your frosting into cake pieces. (Hands work the best!)
5) Roll your cake into balls (I prefer golf ball size) and stick cake pop sticks in each one.
6) Place cake balls on a parchment paper lined pan and place in freezer for appx 45 minutes-1 hour.
7) After cake balls are frozen, melt your chocolate bark in microwave stirring as you go.
8) Mix in 4-5 drops of green food coloring.
9) Dip cake balls into chocolate bark, covering completely.
10) Gently tap excess chocolate off on side of bowl.
11) Place back on parchment paper and sprinkle with sugar crystals..
12) Continue until finished and return to freezer for appx 15-30 minutes.