I am a Cupcake Queen!
Baking and decorating cupcakes is one of my most favorite stress relievers.
I know, I know, your probably thinking, WHAT? But I enjoy creating and trying new things.
I actually run a Cupcake Business out of my home called “Crazy About Cupcakes”, which helps support my love for Guatemala Missions.
So I am always eager to try new creations but I think my Raspberry & Vanilla Cupcakes are perfect for Valentine’s Day.
The Raspberry & Vanilla flavor is just enticing enough to draw you back for more, without knocking you into a sugar coma (:
But what’s more important than the flavor, is knowing how to create perfectly even baked cupcakes. After lots of trial and error, I think I have almost perfected my recipe. Hope you enjoy a little sweetness for Valentine’s Day!
Raspberry & Vanilla Valentine Cupcakes
Yields 12-14 cupcakes
What you need:
No Fade Cupcake Liners (you will thank me later)
1 1/2 cups of All Purpose Flour
1 1/2 tsp of Baking Powder
1/2 tsp of Baking Soda
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 cup of Oil (coconut oil works fine)or Margarine
1 cup of Sugar
2 tsp of Vanilla Extract or Paste
2 tsp of Raspberry Extract
1 cup of Real Butter
3-4 cups of Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp of Milk or Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Raspberry Extract
What to do:
1) Preheat Oven to 350 F.
2) In a medium size bowl, Whisk Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt together and set aside.
3) In a large bowl, Mix on low, Sugar, Butter and Sugar until creamed together.
4) Add in Vanilla and Raspberry and stir.
5) Slowly add dry ingredients and milk into large bowl of wet ingredients and continue mixing on low.
6) Add liners to muffin pan and pour 1/4 cup of batter (will be on the thin side) to each liner.
7) Bake on 350 for 15 minutes.
8) Remove from oven and let cool completely before Frosting.
1) Whip butter with the mixer until completely smooth. (make sure butter is soft before mixing)
2) Add in 1 cup of powered sugar and 1 tbsp of milk or heavy cream, at a time to butter and whip together.
3) Continue adding the sugar and cream and whipping until all powered sugar has been added to butter.
4) Add in your Vanilla and Raspberry
5)If your frosting is to dry add another tbsp of cream. If frosting is too thin add another 1/2 cup of powered sugar until you get the consistency you desire.
6) Decorate the cupcakes by icing from a piping bag, or spreading across the top. Whichever is easiest for you.
7) Add fondant hearts or candies if you desire.
*Please note I do not add food coloring or dyes unless necessary. If you desire colored frosting, I recommend using fresh raspberries mashed up and added to icing mixture.