I am such a Lover of Fall.
I love snuggling under a fuzzy blanket in front of the fireplace with a hot cup of coffee and a good book, all while watching the leaves gently swirl to the ground.
But I also love to bake during Fall.
I love all the Fall Spices of Nutmeg, Cloves, Pumpkin, Apple and Cinnamon.
My mind has been spinning with all the different recipes I could make that includes pumpkin during October and November.
Now I could have went simply but that’s not me so I had to spice it up a bit!!
I came up with this recipe last year when I wanted something “sweet” but full of Fall Spices.
It’s that time of year when my husband loves to get Spiced Pumpkin Lattes from Starbucks so I decided to go with that drink in a cupcake style.
I made these for my Connect Group Bible Study, but I stopped at church to drop off my kiddos first and left with seven less cupcakes.
After I got to group, the cupcakes started disappearing fast! I actually caught one of our friends in the corner of the kitchen guarding the cupcake container!!
I am so excited they were a Big Hit and I hope you enjoy them just as much!
Here is what they consist of:
2-1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 stick butter, softened
1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 cup of cooled pumpkin spice coffee ( or plain coffee with pumpkin spice added)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease or line 24 cupcake pan
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices into bowl; set aside.
3. Place butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl. Blend until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add pumpkin and blend together
4. Stir in flour, alternating with the buttermilk. Stir in vanilla paste. After combined add in coffee slowly and mix until all is well blended.
5. Divide batter evenly. I like to use 1/4 cup of batter for each cupcake. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Prepare frosting and spread or decorate frosting on top.
2 sticks butter softened
1 package of cream cheese softened
1 tablespoon. Pumpkin spice coffee (granules)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
2 tablespoons pumpkin spice
1/8 cup whipping cream
2 cups of powered sugar
1. Mix butter and cream cheese together until smooth
2. Slowly mix in powered sugar
3. After combined add in vanilla paste, pumpkin spice and coffee granules
4. After well mixed add in whipping cream and mix until it becomes a whipped consistently
5. Either spread of top of cupcakes or use piping to add frosting
6. Sprinkle of dash of pumpkin pie spice on too of each frosted cupcake
You will be in Fall Heaven!
Happy Fall Ya’ll!