So what’s up with all the Fall goodies and crafts?
If my calculations are correct I still have 4 days of summer left.
So as Summer winds down to an end, I wanted to share one more “Summertime” recipe.
But note can be eaten during any season 🙂
That is fast and easy for those rushed evenings or picnic in the park days.
What is it, you say?
Clearing my throat……Here it comes…….Hawaiian Chicken Salad.
Yes folks there are other ways to make chicken salad then just mayo, salt and pepper. (:
Not that there is anything wrong with the Classic, but sometimes you just need to shake things up a bit.
What you need:
2 chicken breasts
1 cup mayo
1/4cup of dried cherries
1/2 cup pineapple chunks (canned pineapples are just fine and dandy)
1/8 cup of sliced almonds (use coconut flavored almonds if you can find them)
1/4 cup shredded coconut
What you do:
1) Boil chicken til completely cooked.
2) Once chicken is cooked, place in fridge til cool.
3) After the chicken is cool, shred it up with a fork.
4) Mix your mayo, cherries, pineapples, almonds and coconut together in a bowl.
5) Add in your chicken and stir until the dressing mixture covers your chicken completely.
6) Serve with bread, or better yet with Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.
Yummy Delish and so simple to throw together when your in a pinch. If your short on time cook chicken ahead of time or use canned chicken.
Enjoy your last “4” days of Summer.
And before you ask, yes starting Monday I will officially start posting for Fall!
But be warned! Fall is my favorite season. You might be in Fall overload from me before Winter gets here (: